The Senior Director, Diagnostics Marketing will provide leadership and direction of NanoString’s diagnostics marketing and commercialization strategies, on a worldwide basis. S/he will be a critical thought partner to NanoString’s Sr.VP Corporate and Business Development, CMO, VP Global Diagnostic Commercialization and other executives, including the CEO. The position holder will have the strategic capability to create sustainable markets for state of the art, precision diagnostics for some of the most exciting new drugs in oncology, such as those emerging in the field of Immuno-Oncology.
NanoString is a company at the forefront of developing and commercializing new diagnostics in a turbulent environment with shifting agency guidance, rapidly changing technologies, societal and payor pressures on the costs of combination therapies of new drugs and a need to capture increased value from diagnostic tests, compared to traditional diagnostics. In this environment, the Senior Director, Diagnostics Marketing must have the commercial gravitas to immediately gain the respect and credibility of existing and future Pharma partners, understand their concerns and speak their language. Equally, the position holder will also need to have credibility with the payors, regulators and other key stakeholders.
The Senior Director, Diagnostics Marketing will be responsible for brand management of each of NanoString’s diagnostics, directing the development of commercial plans for these brands and associated implementation to penetrate markets. The position holder will assign budgets, control costs and execute against the annual plan. S/he will be responsible for strengthening NanoString’s diagnostics marketing group, on a continuing basis, to form a best-in-class team for commercializing emerging diagnostics, as recognized by the company’s Pharmaceutical partners and other stakeholders.
This position holder reports to VP Global Diagnostic Commercialization, with a team in the US and Europe.
- Development of annual plans, budgets and sales forecasts with the Diagnostics Marketing Team, Worldwide VP of Sales and Finance department and commercial input into NanoString’s annual long range planning (LRP) process.
- Conceptualize and articulate a clear vision for the business that engages all functional areas and stakeholders.
- With the Sr. VP Corporate and Business Development, lead diagnostics capability presentations to future pharma partners and develop sustainable business models for the resulting diagnostics products.
- Represent and champion NanoString’s diagnostics business externally to executive level pharma, the payor community, leading clinical thought leaders, stakeholders and BoD members.
- Work with the CMO to provide commercial inputs and underlying rationale to support clinical study designs, whilst having the flexibility to be receptive to different ways to deliver commercial needs through the clinical program.
- Partner with the market access team, global sales, medical affairs and regulatory affairs to ensure goals are aligned across the diagnostics business and NanoString’s diagnostic brands.
- Leadership of the diagnostics team and development including: hiring exceptional talent, performance management, annual goal setting and employee development and motivation.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant clinical marketing experience; ideally gained in both the diagnostics and pharmaceutical sectors, preferably oncology. A minimum of 5 years of experience, at the Director/Senior Director Marketing level and substantial line management experience.
- Global marketing experience and associated cross functional execution encompassing: generating strategic plans; forecasting; market strategy; segmentation; branding; market research; product design goals; product management; competitive benchmarking and pricing.
- Sharp business acumen, numeracy and resilience to adapt to, and enhance, new and evolving business models (for example, as required for a new decentralized diagnostic testing business).
- In depth knowledge of the oncology marketplace, reimbursement, key trends, account segments and customer needs.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Proven team player with ability to frequently and successfully collaborate cross-functionally.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. An MBA, or other advanced degree, is preferred.
- Business travel is required for approximately 30% of the time.
- Location ideally Seattle-based, or our Redwood City office
- See benefits at NanoString
- NanoString is an EOE
- NanoString participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a web-based system that allows an employer to determine an employee's eligibility to work in the US using information reported on an employee's Form I-9. The E-Verify system confirms eligibility with both the Social Security Administration (SSA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS). For more information, please go to the USCIS E-Verify website.